Lewisham wins 1st place at The London Plate Final at The Copper Box, Stratford.
Students from Drumbeat have contributed to winning the Panathlon London Multisport Finals trophy for Lewisham after a competitive contest at the Copper Box Arena at Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on Thursday.
Victories in polybat, field athletics and boccia saw Lewisham win against other London Boroughs with a final score of 48 points, pipping nearest rivals Islington and Wandsworth by just 12 points.
Drumbeat students won the following medals:
- Trevanie won gold in the javelin, shotput and bean bag throw.
- Jordan won gold in the javelin and shot putt and silver in the long jump.
- Donte and Traivonn won gold in the polybat.
- Jessien, Otugoma and Levi won silver medals in the table cricket.
- Blessing and Raeshaun won silver in the table cricket.
- Pareise won silver in the long jump.
All medals and certificates will be given out at the next assembly on Wednesday 28th June.
A huge well done to Drumbeat students who were instrumental in winning the competition for Lewisham.