At Drumbeat we are committed to ensuring equality of opportunity for all students, staff, parents and carers irrespective or race, gender, disability, belief, sexual orientation, age or socio-economic background. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which all those connected to the school feel proud of their identity and ability to participate fully in school life.
We recognise that the public sector equality duty has three aims and they are to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct under the Act.
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Foster good relations between people who have a shared characteristic and those who do not.
We tackle discrimination through the positive promotion of equality, by challenging bullying and stereotypes and by creating an environment which champions respect for all.
At Drumbeat School, we believe that diversity is a strength which should be respected and celebrated by all those who learn, teach and visit us.
- We do our best to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and with respect
- We make sure the school is a safe, secure and stimulating place for everyone
- We recognise that people have different needs, and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them all in exactly the same way.
- We recognise that for some students extra support and different approaches are needed to help them to achieve and be successful.